Troubles with the python shell under windows

From: zaimzet
Subject: Troubles with the python shell under windows
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 01:08:07 -0700 (PDT)

For various reasons I'd like to develop python in Emacs under windows. Emacs
works pretty well in windows, but there are some hiccups with inferior
processes, like python.

When I enter a statement into the Python prompt that causes an error, the error
doesn't surface until after the next prompt is entered. I've invoked the
debugger and done a side-by-side comparison with Emacs under GNU/Linux and the
point of difference is during the call to process-send-string. In GNU/Linux,
this results in the error immediately appearing. In windoze nothing shows up
but another prompt.

It got worse though. I then tried to use TAB to complete at point and Emacs
completely freezes and I had to kill the process. I take this as a sign that
something is dreadfully wrong (other than that I'm using windows). I'm guessing
it sent its call to get the completions, and the response is AWOL.

I was wondering if anyone could help me get to the bottom of this issue.

Keep in mind that this is with native NTEmacs 24.3 and native Python 3. I
tested it with Cygwin Python 2, and it seems to cooperate, Cygwin Python 3 does
not. All of my pythons are 64-bit. So it seems there may be an issue with
Python 3.