Re: gnus-user-format-function extract header

From: David Hume
Subject: Re: gnus-user-format-function extract header
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 11:19:30 +0100

> Try this:
>
> (defun gnus-user-format-function-A (header)
>   (format "%s" header))
>
> (setq gnus-summary-line-format "%2{%U%} %0{%I%a%} %1{%s%}%uA\n")
>
> As you see, the header argument doesn't seem to be
> *all* headers. If you add a goofy header, it doesn't
> appear.
>
> But: you have a mean of identifying the message, so I
> take it you can hit the disk, extract the goofy header
> with a grep (and cut), and return it.

I wrote some code to output all of the items in the sequence provided
(header) into the message buffer. As you say, what I wanted wasn't
there. But you have given me an idea. Somewhere I think I read that you
can define what information is in an article summary. Maybe I can
configure that to include the extra headers...

I don't know how to go about getting the article, it probably isn't on
the disk because it only gets them from the server when I select
them. Probably loading all the articles in the summary list would be a
waste of time with too much internet access.