Re: RTF for emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: RTF for emacs
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 04:22:03 +0200

Grant Rettke <gcr@wisdomandwonder.com> writes:

> Emanuel try http://ditaa.sourceforge.net

Thanks, but I haven't given up just yet of including
the Unicode right into the PDF - just imagine how cool,
with no image files whatsoever to burden you!

So just now, I sent the following to comp.text.tex -
let's see if they can solve it!

(post begins here)

I just learned about Emacs' artist-mode on
gnu.emacs.help, which I used to draw two
diagrams. Then, I used a clever tool called
aa2u (ASCII Art To Unicode) [1] to make solid lines
out of the dashes and all that.

Examples: with [2] and without [3] Unicode.

Now, in the LaTeX source [4] I put this:

\usepackage{alltt}
%% ...
\begin{alltt}
  \input{tree.txt}
  \clearpage
  \input{multicore.txt}
\end{alltt}

And the result looks like this [5] (at page 2, right
after the TOC).

Question is, is there a similar way to include not the
ASCII, but the UTF-8 versions of the diagrams? I tried
the same way, only it got stuck on pdflatex on the very
Unicode.

I know I can make pictures of them but I like the idea
of just having those as text, and just inserting them
(faster update, and no in-between file - minimal
overhead).

[1] http://www.gnuvola.org/software/aa2u/
[2] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/hs/docs/report/multicore.txt
[3] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/hs/docs/report/multicore_u.txt