Re: Reuse frame with emacsclient and/or use shell aliases when finding f

From: Alexander Baier
Subject: Re: Reuse frame with emacsclient and/or use shell aliases when finding files
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 13:31:55 +0200

Hello Jacob,

On 2014-05-30 23:56 Jacob Gerlach wrote:
[...]
> Another problem, and the reason I'm opening multiple files from the
> shell in the first place (instead of from within emacs), is that I
> mostly navigate around between different projects using shell aliases.
> Is there any way to use those aliases so that when I find-file I don't
> have to manually navigate to the desired directory?

I think you should consider taking a look at projectile
[https://github.com/bbatsov/projectile]. It lets you jump between
different projects and opens files by offering you _every_ file in your
project. This is incredibly useful combined with flex matching like ido
or ido-flx.

It can do all sorts of other project related tasks, too, but only using
it for these two is already worth it, IMO.

HTH,
--
Alexander Baier