Re: Getting Emacs to play nice with Hunspell and apostrophes

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Getting Emacs to play nice with Hunspell and apostrophes
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 18:43:38 +0100

Nikolai Weibull <now@disu.se> writes:
> “isn’t”

In Britain and Ireland we generally use "isn't", notice there's no angle
on the apostrophe.  The one you're using "’" is the Unicode RIGHT
QUOTATION MARK.  So, to Emacs you are closing quotes around "isn" and
putting a "t" straight after that.

As far as I know, if you want to use Unicode that would be "isnʼt" which
is MODIFIER LETTER APOSTROPHE.  Have a look with C-u C-x =.  I don't
know if using that will work though.

BR,
Robert Thorpe