Re: a dark theme?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: a dark theme?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:24:38 +0200

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

Hi Sharon,

> I'm hoping that someone can advise me, I'm looking for a theme to use
> with emacs and gnus which has a dark background, but also allows me to
> read all the text in a gmail which currently appears as nearly-white
> on a slightly-grey background.

I don't think that has anything to do with themes, but SHR which renders
HTML mail in Gnus just picks bad colors to confirm with what's declared
in the HTML text.  But you can force it to require more contrast like
so:

  (setq shr-color-visible-distance-min 10
        shr-color-visible-luminance-min 60)

With that, I'm pretty satisfied with the results.  (I'm the author of
the tsdh-{light,dark} themes and switch between dark and light every
half a year.)

Bye,
Tassilo