Re: magit: Previous commit message keeps appearing

From: Sebastian Wiesner
Subject: Re: magit: Previous commit message keeps appearing
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 13:17 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 7. August 2014, 12:56:59 schrieb Florian Lindner:
> Hello,
>
> from magit-status I use s to stage a couple of files, then "c c" to commit.
> In another buffer I can edit the commit message. What puzzles me, is why
> magit shows the commit message of the previous commit including the file
> list.

Magit simply visits     the COMMIT_EDITMSG file in .git/ when you make a
commit.
Presumably, the buffer for this file wasn't killed after your previous commit,
and you don't have auto-revert-mode on.  Hence, the next commit would just
bring the existing COMMIT_EDITMSG buffer up again, with the old contents, like
if you re-visit a file again.

COMMIT_EDITMSG will have the right contents though, so M-x revert-buffer will
update the buffer accordingly.