Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:44:09 -0700

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:02:31 +0100
Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> wrote:

> David Hume <David.Hume@example.com> writes:
>
> > Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:
> >
> > emacs-gtk has a habit of hanging indefinately. I am suspicious of
> > emacs-x11 too. So I am using emacs in a terminal.
>
> I haven't seen either of those problems.

GTK2 had a bug which caused Emacs to hang if it was suspended
(iconified) with C-z.  I don't think this was ever fixed, but
since Emacs has moved to GTK3, I doubt that it matters.  I have
never heard of a problem with X11 (though that doesn't mean there
isn't one).

--Dale

--
"Come, muse, let us sing of rats."  -- James Grainger