Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:06:37 +0200

Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> writes:

>>I'll assume
> that the directions given on the guide will make me more productive
> while working on X.
>
> Sure, however, if X is inherently broken, that's a completely unrelated
> discussion. The author of the manual here isn't even involved in CEDET.
>
>>Giving a heads-up is appropiate here.
>
> Then giving a heads-up in regards to Emacs is completely valid, and all
> discussion, in this thread, on Emacs' short-comings are completely valid as
> well? That's horrible logic.

Your interpretation of my words is terrible ;-) If someone gives advice
about using X, when X has serious shortcommings for the intended
purpose, discussing those shortcommings is quite relevant. If X is
mostly appropiate save for some minor details, mentioning those is just
a nice service for the user.

And no, it is not necessary to mention the bad ergonomics of Emacs'
keybindings whenever someone asks about how to configure Gnus for
reading e-mail.