Re: Flycheck reports are never satisfying!?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Flycheck reports are never satisfying!?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 19:35:10 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> Isn’t that what we have „with-eval-after-load“ for?
>
> with-eval-after-load is there to help make startup more lazy.  But it's
> not particularly designed to help silence "spurious" byte-compiler warnings.
>
> This said, maybe the byte-compiler should treat it specially
> (i.e. treat it sort of like a `require' and forcefully load the file
> before processing the body of the with-eval-after-load).

That would make a lot of sense, IMHO.

And for personal constructions such as:

(when (try-require 'blah)
  ...)

Would there be a solution?

Would replacing `try-require' by a `require' with all the necessary
parameters (in order not to stop if the package is missing) be OK?

(when (require 'blah nil t)
  ...)

Would this last construct work?  If yes, I'm willing to use it instead
of my `try-require'...

Best regards,
  Seb

--