Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:43:27 +0200

Dnia 2014-08-28, o godz. 13:13:53
Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> So, let me ask again: how many people have been killed in the name of
> science vs. killed in the name of religion? It's pretty clear: very
> few people have murdered someone else because "the science dictates
> this should happen", when many people have killed other people simply
> because of religious dogma.

This is becoming totally off-topic, but to keep things precise:

1. I have yet to hear about a murder because "the science dictates this
should happen".  Unless we count in pseudo-science, that is, like the
"science" of racial purity of the German authorities during WW2 and
similar things.  Nobody's going to treat this seriously as "science",
though.

2. I have also yet to hear about a murder "because of religious
dogma".  I've heard about murders because of false interpretations
and/or false religions, but not about a single one because of a
*dogma*.

So for me, it's rather a 0:0 draw.  Of course, we *might* count in
pseudo-religious causes, but then why don't we count in
pseudo-science?  Both ways of counting are similarly dishonest.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University