Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 20:43:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, August 29, 2014 11:41:33 PM UTC+5:30, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Dnia 2014-08-29, o godz. 13:21:12
> Jai Dayal napisał(a):

> > Okay but why can people make claims like "scientists are bigots" and
> > that sort of thing... i even have someone privately emailing me from
> > here telling me all this stuff about hitler being an atheist and this
> > and that.

> OK, being the "someone" mentioned above, let me get a few things
> straight.

> 1. AFAIR, no one claimed that "scientists are bigots".  Rusi (who was
> probably the first one to use the word "bigot") wrote then:

> > In my experience the scientific types are more bigoted than the
> > religious ones.

> This is something *very* different, especially in view of further
> explanations from Rusi.  (An exercise for you: find three important
> differences between what you wrote and what Rusi wrote.)  Please don't
> fight your straw men in public.

I was hunting for a quote of Meister Eckhart.
Couldn't find what I wanted but found this which amused me in the context
of this thread

| Truth is something so noble that if God could turn aside from it, I
| could keep the truth and let God go.
from http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Meister_Eckhart

So surely Meister Eckhart is very scientific and un-religious <wink>??

Marcin wrote:
> Jai Dayal <daya...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
>
> > How is it different? One can't be more of X without resulting in being
> > partially X. One is either a bigot, or they aren't, so yes, he is
> > saying scientists are bigoted.

> Ah!  Now I get it.  You seem to be reasoning in binary categories.
> Either you are a bigot or not.  Either something is science or not.

Yes that sums up what I wanted to say.

I am not specifically pro or anti religion or science.
I am anti binary thinking.

And Aristotle's law (even called the Law of excluded middle):
| Everything is either A or not A.

is the same as a certain Neanderthal, twice-voted head of state's

| Either you are with us or against us

My quote from Nagarjuna was essentially (my) antidote to binary thinking.

Since in sanskrit 'sat' can as much be rendered as 'truth' as 'reality'
here's my re-rendering: