Re: latex-mode hook?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: latex-mode hook?
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 19:00:36 +0200

Dnia 2014-09-09, o godz. 10:13:07
Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> napisaƂ(a):

> > Not the same: C-u C-c C-e works from anywhere *inside* the
> > environment (you don't need to move point).  *Very* handy, I use it
> > all the time. (Also, C-c C-f and C-u C-c C-f.)
>
> FWIW, there shouldn't be any need to choose.  AUCTeX's latex-mode
> should really inherit latex-electric-env-pair-mode from the plain
> latex-mode that's bundled with your Emacs.

True.  Although it's hard to deny that the added value of AUCTeX (as
opposed to vanilla Emacs latex-mode) is considerable.  Consider also,
say, C-c C-r, autocompletion of label/ref labels, folding...

(Disclaimer: I am not involved in AUCTeX development in any way.)

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University