Re: emacsclient command line use existing client

From: Oliver Kappel
Subject: Re: emacsclient command line use existing client
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 15:42:18 +0200

Hello,

my guess: emacsclient inside your script runs another installed
instance of emacs as you started emacs server with. With option -a ""
this instance will start another emacs in deamon mode. Probably the
$PATH while runing the mailto-script is different.

Check your OS "autostart `emacs-client` command" - as you mentioned -
and make sure your script uses the emacsclient from the same ./bin
directory.

  Greetings, Oliver