Re: emacs stackexchange beta site

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: emacs stackexchange beta site
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 22:37:41 +0100

> It is great that site materialized.

It is. It's a chance to give specialized answers in a way that's
relatively permanent with respect to googling.
It's also an excuse for the lazy to post very basic questions without
going through the trouble of even a single search, but you can't
have everything I suppose. :-)

> Who are the people
> behind this initiative? Are they not here? H-e-l-l-o-o?

Hello there. I try to read the lists (maybe glance would be a better
word :-), and I'm quite active at that other part of the lake.
There are others who I know at least glance at this list as well.

> Seriously, is there a link from that site to our
> support-line and/or feud-o-rena here? Both the listbot
> and the gnu.emacs.help newsgroup should be mentioned,
> I think!

The community there will soon start deciding things like what to put
in the FAQ page. Things like the mailing list and the wiki are sure to
be there.

> If they would communicate with us perhaps it would be
> simpler to make an interface (or partial interface to
> begin with),

As in..?