Re: Forwarding Emacs.SE questions to help-gnu-emacs

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Forwarding Emacs.SE questions to help-gnu-emacs
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 23:54:40 +0000

> Once a day might be stretching it, no? People who care are probably
already checking
> stackexchange.

Didn't feel like stretching to me. This list gets well more than one email
a day, so I thought that adding one more wouldn't be a bother.
But I accept your opinion. There were 2 voices in favor of 1/week and 1 for
the 1/day, so I won't be sending daily emails unless more people voice in
favor.

> I'd encourage you to send a curated best-of mail once a week or every
> fortnight.

The problem is that it would have to be done manually. The website offers a
daily email subscription (so that would have been trivial), but it doesn't
offer a weekly option (stupid, I know).
With the advent of stack exchange mode for Emacs, it wouldn't be too hard
to implement a bot that does all of that. But I really won't have the time
for that at least for another 6 months.

> If particularly technical questions are posted, like the one on
> nadvice.el, to post it on the ML.

We have technical questions like that practically every day. :-)
With 16 questions per day, you're bound to have a couple interesting ones.

Best