Re: no C-h i m emacs ??

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: no C-h i m emacs ??
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 21:51:58 -0500

Bob Proulx wrote:

> Alternatively if GNU were to release the info pages without the
> requirement of invariant sections then those docs could be packaged in
> the free section.

As you know, that is a fundamental policy disagreement that is just
never going to change.

Whereas providing stub info pages is a trivial technical matter that
would probably take about 5 minutes. Just make a package that conflicts
with the real info pages. I don't know, I'm not a Debian packager.
I'm sure it's not impossible.

But obviously this is a very old topic and talking about it here does
nothing.