Re: no C-h i m emacs ??

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: no C-h i m emacs ??
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:02:54 -0500

> As you know, that is a fundamental policy disagreement that is just
> never going to change.

Talking about it with Richard the other day, Richard suggested we should
setup a "GNU Debian" source which would be an almost exact mirror of
Debian, except that the GNU docs would be moved to the "main" section.
It would be great to be able to do this without mirroring the actual
"pool" subdirectory.

After all, to me the most serious problem with Debian's current policy
is not that Emacs defaults to being installed without docs, but rather
that I end up having to enable the "non-free" section.

        Stefan