Re: manual activism

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: manual activism
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 23:32:51 +0100

Dan Espen <despen@verizon.net> writes:

> Computer kid goes to the public library?
>
> You're kidding right?

You have expedition fever with me several posts now.
Let it go away and then we'll talk.

I am not kidding, and you know that.

In the public library in my city there are several
hundred books on computers and some are read to
shreds. By kids, and by students, and by gentlemen
with gray hair and glasses. Most of those books deal
with proprietary software but there are many, many
books on Linux, LAMP, Android (if you consider that a
good/free thing), UNIX C, everything you can think of.

In the scientific library on my CS school you can
imagine the situation. The people who go there are not
kids but some are 18, 19. It is very common that
though they did computers all their lives, they were
very sparsely exposed to free computing, be it BSD,
Linux, GNU, Usenet, you name it.

If we can get our books - in new, mint condition,
brand new editions - onto those shelves virtually
cost-free that would be *great*.

Do you not agree?

--
underground experts united