Re: When do you prefer windows instead of frames? Was: When do you prefe

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: When do you prefer windows instead of frames? Was: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:33:42 +0100

..

> I would ask an opposite question: IF you could use Emacs frames
> as easily as you can use Emacs windows, in what scenarios would
> you prefer using Emacs windows, and why?

For supporting tasks only: Imagine you are starting from a full-screen
window and want to see temporarily a variable definition in a second
window while still hacking away.  The advantage is that window
operations, like C-x } enlarge-window-horizontally,
delete-other-windows-vertically,... operate simultaneously on all
windows.  In such situations it seems to me much more convenient to use
windows than set it up with frames.

      Dieter
--
Best wishes