Re: dbus processes not being killed in RHEL6 when emacs24.4 exited

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: dbus processes not being killed in RHEL6 when emacs24.4 exited
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 14:39:42 -0500

Srikar Ananthula wrote:

> ananthul 19170     1  0 14:13 pts/3    00:00:00 dbus-launch --autolaunch
> 9dc31ed
> ananthul 19171     1  0 14:13 ?        00:00:00 /bin/dbus-daemon --fork
> --print-
>
> Actual scenario : The processes have to be terminated as soon as I close
> emacs. I hope its right.
>
> Present scenario : The processes are not being terminated,rather I need to
> kill them manually using kill -9 command.

Why do you care about these processes?
Perhaps because of ssh? See eg

http://serverfault.com/questions/405518/how-to-configure-d-bus-and-ssh-x-forwarding-to-prevent-ssh-from-hanging-on-exit

Note that this is a general dbus issue rather than an Emacs issue.
For example, the same thing happens with firefox on RHEL6.
If you want an Emacs-specific solution, you could compile it --without-dbus.

Rusi wrote:

> There is this new wonder on earth called systemd.

Of course, this is completely irrelevant for many reasons, not least of
which is that RHEL6 use Upstart, not systemd.