Re: How to build the C language environment in Emacs?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to build the C language environment in Emacs?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 04:36:15 +0100

Quanyang Liu <lqymgt@gmail.com> writes:

> Yeah, using Emacs in Windows is OK, except for
> missing many things...

Those were the things I meant :)

> But in my Windows, I still install Emacs since no
> other editors satisfy me. :)

I can't say I know the Windows editor world. Is Vim on
Windows? ("Wim"?)

The MS GUI IDEs (e.g., Access, VB5) do come with their
own editors, of course - very annoying because an
editor should let you do *all* editing, otherwise you
won't learn "everything" by doing "something" (or at
the very least it will come much, much slower).

> Well, in fact, in order to visit some websites, I
> need Windows because they are IE only...

Ha ha, stop it. There are no such sites. If there are,
I don't want to know their contents...

> Ahh, I know virtual machines. I have been using it,
> so I do not open my Windows for several months :)

Using VMs with Windows I actually do think counts as
using Windows :)

> After all, having a Windows is necessary...But I
> hope someday I can uninstall it.

How about today?

Remember: "What you once feared know makes you free -
do it today, in a different way."

Windows is absolutely not necessary. Food and shelter
and are necessary. Go to San Fernandez and find out.
God helps those who help themselves. He is especially
grateful to folks who do different, difficult things,
and if they do them long enough he rewards them with
skills and self-confidence: and much better tools, of
course.

--
underground experts united