Re: run ssh in emacs

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Re: run ssh in emacs
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:42:23 -0500

I do something similar (I think) with my web development, but I go about it
differently. I am already in emacs on my local machine and use the `M-x shell`
to then ssh into the remote machine. For file management, I Tramp set up to use
SSH by default, and I've had success copying back and forth remote-to-local and
vice versa that way. Using dired/tramp, I can just highlight a file and hit "C"
(copy) and enter the local location, or the other way around. It works pretty
well for me (I've replaced putty and Filezilla with emacs), and I was doing a
split-screen local/remote just yesterday with it.

- Tory