Re: Need help with emacs clipboard.

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Need help with emacs clipboard.
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:36:23 -0500

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> This won't help you because you want the opposite but just to post my
> example this is what I do to configure emacs to be usable on the X
> desktop using the primary selection.
>
>       (setq transient-mark-mode nil)
>       (setq select-active-regions nil)        ; default is nil in 23, t in 24
>       (setq mouse-drag-copy-region t) ; default is t in 23, nil in 24
>       (setq x-select-enable-primary t)        ; default is nil in 23, t in 24
>       (setq x-select-enable-clipboard nil) ; default is nil in 23, t in 24
>       (setq x-select-enable-clipboard-manager nil) ; new in 24, default is t

Bob, just slipped in here to see if I could get you to show how to put
all that into a single statement that does all those things with one
command.

I'm thinking to be able to turn it off and on quickly.

Sorry I'm so horribly lazy but staggering around with that has
resulted in a visit to the emergency room for paren-mania.  They only
had one real treatment that worked... lots of morphine.