customizing help display in echo area

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: customizing help display in echo area
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 09:03:10 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Default behavior that I'll describe here appeared with emacs
25.0.50 and was not the default behavior with emacs 24.

When editing code (xml, lisp or whatever) each time a key is
pressed and some indication about current statement is
available (well I suppose so) this information is displayed in
the echo area. For instance if you type (defun in a lisp buffer
a message concernning defun syntax and properties will be
displayed in the echo area and it will be done repeatedly each
time you press a key provided point is inside the defun
statement.

This feature might surely be very useful to recall you
information about the code you are writing but if you use it in
conjunction with a vocal system like speechd-el it makes to
much noise ! So I'd like to disable this feature or at least to
be able to enable it only when I want. But I was not able to
discover which variable(s) controls this behavior.

So can please someone tell me which variable should be
customized.

Regards

Pierre