RE: Advice on studying Emacs Lisp files

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Advice on studying Emacs Lisp files
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 07:40:11 -0800 (PST)

> I want the bookmarks to be highlighted as soon as I visit the file...
> I do not intend to use bookmarks very heavily (i.e., not too many of
> them), and I'd like them to be highlighted by default, without any
> explicit action.

See `bmkp-(un)light-bookmarks' and `bmkp-(un)light-this-buffer'.

Use them from Lisp or interactively.  `bmkp-(un)light-bookmarks':

`C-x p H', `C-x p U' - Highlight, unhighlight bookmarks:
                       With plain `C-u': all bookmarks
                       With `C-u C-u': navigation-list bookmarks
                       Otherwise, bookmarks in current buffer:
                        No prefix arg:  all bookmarks
                        Prefix arg > 0: autonamed bookmarks
                                   < 0: non-autonamed bookmarks

More generally, please consult the bookmark highlighting doc.