[OT] Re: Easy/Possible to globally change prompt strings of messages? e.

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: [OT] Re: Easy/Possible to globally change prompt strings of messages? e.g. changing find-file's prompt string from "Find file:" to "open file:" ?
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:19:50 -0500

This is a bit of the wall but I've been meaning to ask about this
phenomena for a while:

I run gnus with a black background and cornsilk2 foreground.

,----
|  (defun my-find-file-around-ad (origfun &rest args)
|    (interactive
|     (find-file-read-args "Open file: "
|                          (confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer)))
|    (apply origfun args))
|
|  (advice-add 'find-file :around #'my-find-file-around-ad)
`----

The section of the previous post, boxed in above, appears in my gnus reader as
medium green background.

So, set off from the rest of the post by a completely different
background color.

I've seen this a number of times and would like to know how it is
done?