Bookmark a PDF, open in external program

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Bookmark a PDF, open in external program
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 11:37:05 -0500

I use the Bookmarks+ module (perhaps not relevant). I also frequently read
PDFs. But when I bookmark a PDF, jumping to it causes it to open within emacs,
rather than with my system default viewer. There are many people asking similar
questions online but the answers don't seem to fit; I can't use the dired
solution of `!` to execute a shell command in this case. Any tips?