Re: Dynamically switching send-mail settings (WAS: > 24.3 can't send mai

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Dynamically switching send-mail settings (WAS: > 24.3 can't send mail)
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 21:49:01 +0000

torys.anderson@gmail.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> And, at that, it freezes with the final line in my message buffer until I C-g
> to safety. Any ideas why it freezes at this point, having done the dynamic
> setting correctly? Note that I've successfully sent with this account today
> before I started working on the dynamic switching, so I know the settings are
> otherwise correct. Below are the functions I'm using:

One of the peculiarities of gmail is that if you're using it over IMAP,
POP and SMTP.  It limits the number of transactions you can do with it
per day.  People who are having problems with their config often hit
this limit while experimenting.

However, AFAIK it only applies to receive operations (i.e. IMAP & POP),
not to SMTP.  Maybe I'm wrong about that though.  Regardless your setup
may magically start working tomorrow.

BR,
Robert Thorpe