Re: GNUs open PDF attachments: how to switch to PDF-Tools?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: GNUs open PDF attachments: how to switch to PDF-Tools?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:22:38 +0100

Hi Tory and Michael,

>> When I receive an email (using Gnus) with a PDF attachment,
>> attempting to open it uses DocView despite my having PDF-Tools
>> installed and
>
> I use e to open attachments with external programs (with cursor being
> on the attachment in the article buffer).

PDF Tools (`pdf-view-mode') is no external program but a major mode for
viewing PDFs in Emacs similar (but much more advanced) than
`doc-view-mode'.

I've just added support for that in Gnus with this commit:

http://git.gnus.org/cgit/gnus.git/commit/?id=d2464e8d95ef0805ecbd7baded7467efd5d981a1

Bye,
Tassilo