Re: [O] org-calendar-holiday and local holidays

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] org-calendar-holiday and local holidays
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 18:53:46 -0500

Alexis  writes:

i just tried moving my `(setq holiday-local-holidays ...)` to the very first line of my config setup, and lo, that does result in local holidays appearing in my Org agenda.

I am glad it worked out for you.

However, my config setup is a 3000+ line Org Babel file, in which i group together things that are related in my mind, and the setup for the calendar is about a third of the way through this.

That is definitely the way to go, I do the same:

http://alfaromurillo.bitbucket.org/dotemacs.html

Thus [...] works better in my context, and is more robust, longer-term, than my original suggestion [...] So, thank you!

You are welcome. However, I think that it would be better to check what exactly loads holidays.el in your configuration (I will venture a guess that it is a call to org-agenda), and wrap that part in a (eval-after-load 'holidays '(progn ...)), then you can get rid of unnecessary code and you do not need to move things around in your nicely organized org file ;-)

Best,
--
Jorge.