Re: Opening a bookmark in the init file

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Opening a bookmark in the init file
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 03:52:20 +0100

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

>> (find-file "~/TODO") (goto-char (point-max))
>
> That's exactly the code I was using previously. The
> problem was the I've organized the file so the least
> important tasks are at the bottom. It's got so long
> that the most important tasks are no longer on the
> same screen. I should probably be doing things in my
> TODO list rather than fixing how it's shown.

Ha! Ranking the tasks sounds like overkill. If I
remember correctly from CS theory SJF (Shortest Job
First) is the best algorithm provided you can tell
what task is the shortest (an estimate should be
sufficient in real life).

But, I like the idea of a lightning-fast TODO list
interface so whenever you get an idea, you can just
add it to the TODO list 1 second and continue to work
on whatever you were doing. When you get bored, bring
up the TODO list to the rescue...

I have it as M-x todo as well as todo in the shell.

Emacs: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/todo-did.el
zsh:   http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/.zsh/todo

--
underground experts united