Re: translating numpad keys in linux terminal

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: translating numpad keys in linux terminal
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:08:37 +0200

Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> writes:

> Is there a way to read the other keys with "kp-" as in gui emacs?

I don't think so.  If you have a look at the lossage (C-h l), you see
what events Emacs receives before doing any key translations.

For the up and kp-up keys for example I see the same events coming from
the terminal: ESC O A.  Thus Emacs can't distinguish the two.

At least that's what happens here.  Maybe it is different when using
a different terminal or different terminal settings.

Michael.