Re: <Multi_key> is undefined

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: <Multi_key> is undefined
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 19:21:18 +0200

jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com> writes:

> The use case is being able to type pinyin
> characters.  The actual pinyin characters, whit the
> punctuation marks.  Two of them are easy to have
> using a German keyboard.  The two others are
> accessible using the so-called 'compose key'.
>
> Using Linux Mint 17 (Ubuntu based), KDE's System
> Settings are used to assign the compose key to
> Scroll Lock.  Using this to write 'ă' in kconsole
> terminal works fine.  It also works well in the
> Claws-mail email client, as well as firefox.
>
> But not in emacs 24.4.1 (and previous versions for
> that matter) where the following is displayed as
> soon as the Scroll Lock compose key is pressed:
>
> <Multi_key> is undefined

We had this question or a version of it not long ago -
see if you can grep the web for gnu.emacs.help and
'<Multi_key> is undefined', then follow the white
rabbit from there.

FTR, I have the compose key up and running and
configurable both in the Linux VTs and in X, including
Emacs both cases, but I don't use the Scroll Lock key
for this (thanks heaven) so I can't help you with
details, but it should definitely be possible, so
keep digging!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573