RE: Melpa failure :-(

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Melpa failure :-(
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 16:54:28 -0700 (PDT)

> Hate to say that, but it's worse than that.  I tried two more
> methods of downloading Icicles described here:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Libraries#toc5 (the
> get-icicles.sh script and the wget invocation) and they both
> /failed/ (probably for the same reason: it seems that the
> downloaded files are cluttered by some html headers).

That should not be the case.  Lots of people have used those
other methods to download the files.

If you can determine (e.g. later, as I'm guessing there might
be a problem at your end currently) that there is a problem
with those download scripts etc., then please let me know
what you find out.  I did not write that code, but I know that
it has worked well.  On the other hand, Emacs Wiki moved to
a different site and setup a few months ago.  If for some
reason the displayed HTML versions of files in the Elisp Area
are being downloaded then that would probably be something
to report to the wiki maintainer.

> I'm currently downloading all the files manually...

OK.  But let's not exaggerate - it's not like there are
459 files to download. ;-)  (Anyway, I agree that when
MELPA works well it is easier than doing things manually.)