[OT] Gnome: editing conkeror text field with emacsclient fails

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: [OT] Gnome: editing conkeror text field with emacsclient fails
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 13:06:17 +0200

Hi,

With Gnome under Debian Wheezy I managed to set up the conkeror browser
such that I could edit text fields via emacsclient.

Following an update to Debian Jessie, this no longer works. However, if
I start the both emacs and conkeror from the command-line, rather than
using Gnome's launching methods (which I used to do on Wheezy), it does
work.

I seems it is not a problem with Emacs, but I wonder if anyone knows
what role Gnome might be playing in this context.

Cheers,

Loris