pushing and popping the mark

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: pushing and popping the mark
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 11:03:30 -0400 (EDT)

If I had that problem I'd handle the work flow differently.
1) break the document into sequentially numbered files,
2) examine each numbered file and change file name to different number if necessary and if number I wanted to use was already used, I'd probably add 100 to the number the new file name got as a temporary measure. Once all files had correct numbers on them,
3) use cat and send the output to the original document destructively.
Maye an emacs extension can handle this but if so I don't know which.

-- Twitter: JudeDaShiell