Re: Update `minibuffer-line' on buffer switches

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: Update `minibuffer-line' on buffer switches
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 19:38:11 +0200

Looks like the correct solution is

  (add-function :after pre-redisplay-function #'(lambda
                                                    (windows)

(minibuffer-line--update)))

Anyway, it would be nice to have some native support for such updates...
Similar to mode line and frame title.  The potential problem that I see is
that this redisplay is called quite a lot, and I have not only path
information in minibuffer line but also time information, and I assume that
this time information is obtained via system calls, which are inherently
very expensive.  Furthermore, it would be nice to have hook(s)
corresponding to buffer switching, e.g. tracking an event of entering
(transferring focus) to another buffer.  Wouldn't Emacs 25 benefit the
flexibility offered by such hooks?  What do you think Stefan?

Regards,
Alexander