Re: Gnus + Gmail + IMAP

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gnus + Gmail + IMAP
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:23:29 +0300

> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 17:57:48 +0200
> From: Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
> To debug, would I need to build the debug version of Emacs?

If your binary is not stripped (you can know by its size -- an
unstripped binary should be around 60 or 70 MB), then you already have
a debug version.

> If you mean GDB, then again, what exactly should I look for?

Start with the backtrace.  That is (EMACS-PID is the process ID of
Emacs, you can see it in the Task manager or by running pslist):

 gdb -p EMACS-PID
 (gdb) source /path/to/.gdbinit
 (gdb) thread 1
 (gdb) bt

The .gdbinit file comes with the sources.  If you don't have the
source tree that corresponds to your binary, you can download .gdbinit
from the Git repo:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/src/.gdbinit

Then look at the output of "bt".

Btw, it is best to post all that as a bug report.