Re: launch a program in an arbitrary frame

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: Re: launch a program in an arbitrary frame
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 12:12:53 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Emacs is very large, but other packages get bloated so much faster
> that Emacs's large size is rather small by today's standards.

Yes, I remember Eight Megs Always Continually Swapping...  :)

But you're right -- by today's standards, it's a very thin application.
On my system, it launches in about one second, even with all the stuff
I've got in my ~/.emacs.  Everything is nearly instant, and if anything
ever causes system-wide problems, you can be sure it's never Emacs.

It's gone from being regarded as a monstrosity to a model citizen
desktop application, all just because everything else got go bloated in
comparison.

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent