Re: difficulty entering balance mode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: difficulty entering balance mode
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 23:59:46 +0200

Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:

> When I do M-x f to find .balance.bal, now it opens
> on first try, but emacs does enter balance mode.
> I get this error ...
>
> This is indeed no such file "balance". Rather there
> is .balance.bal.

This is what I told you. I don't have a balance-mode.
Actually I'm most often totally imbalanced! Are you
sure you are any better?

There are many things at work here: the file, the
filename and extention, the association, and the
desired mode. Are you sure all the Indians are in
the canoe?

Try to make up an extention, say .abc - and assign
that some mode you know is there, say
`emacs-lisp-mode'. Now open ~/test.abc - is that
buffer then in emacs-lisp-mode? If so, you know how
the association thing works!

Step two is to get the modes to work with the files.
Or if that actually is the first step, I'd be damned
if I knew...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573