Re: Possible to bind C-o to some function in an ansi-term? (Add somethin

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: Possible to bind C-o to some function in an ansi-term? (Add something to term-mode-hook?)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 21:28:21 -0400

> Chris Seberino <cseberino@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Possible to bind C-o to some function in an
>> ansi-term? (Add something to term-mode-hook?)
>
> What is an ansi-term?

Try M-x ansi-term

It's a Emacs terminal that accepts the ansi-terminal escape sequences.

> I can bind C-o the normal way with no problem.

I think the OP may need to do the binding in term-mode-hook.
But I confess, I don't really understand term.el and
I haven't tried.
It has a term-mode-map and some other maps that just confuse me.

I never found any of the multitude of Emacs shells useful.
I tried, but dired, M-x grep, locate, compile, etc.
get the job done for me.

--
Dan Espen