Re: How to quote a list of functions?

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to quote a list of functions?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:54:39 +0200

>> This is  a distinction that is lost on emacs lisp, and I would consider
>> that to be a bug.
>
> FWIW I also dislike this behavior of #' but fixing it is likely to be
> more trouble than it's worth.

If the emacs lisp compiler had some dataflow analysis, it might tag the
data obtained from function, and if it used in a function that expects a
symbol and not a function designator or a function, then a warning could
be issued.  Then a few release later, it could be corrected without too
much pain.