RE: End and beginning of buffer

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: End and beginning of buffer
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 19:14:19 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't know if it is me (probably), but I can't have the key binding M->
> and M-< working on my pc (OS is Ubuntu 14.04, and Emacs version is 24.3.1).
> Expected behaviour is reaching the end and the beginning of a buffer, but
> instead I get the following messages, respectively:
> - Find tag:
> - No M-x tags-search or M-x tags-query-replace in progress
> Any idea why?
> Thanks.
> (P.S. All (at least the ones I tried) other combination with Meta key are
> working flawlessly)

`M-.' is what Emacs is seeing instead of `M->'.
`M-,' is what Emacs is seeing instead of `M-<'.

IOW, the Shift key is not working correctly for you (assuming that `>' is
shifted `.' and `<' is shifted `,').

Does the shift key not work correctly in some other cases?

What does Emacs tell you when you do `C-h k' and then try to use `M->' or `M-<'?

You probably need to provide more info about your environment, for people to
help.

Be aware that you can use `ESC >' and `ESC <' instead of `M->' and `M-<'.  But
of course, you need at least to be able to have the `>' and `<' keys working.