Re: ERT conventions?

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: ERT conventions?
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 15:27:23 +1000

Hi all,

I'm learning the ERT package. I'd like to know whether there are any conventions/good practices regarding writing tests. Eg., should they be written in a file separate from the package? (I guess yes, for obvious reasons.) Are there any standards for the name of that file? In general: could anyone using ERT (or any other testing facility, for that matter) share some experiences worth knowing?

i've found ERT pretty easy to use. For `org-vcard`, i've put the test suite in a single file within a distinct 'tests' folder, which also contains a 'data' folder containing various data sources for the tests to run on:

https://github.com/flexibeast/org-vcard/tree/master/tests

Alexis.