Re: automate command after saving

From: Martin Kaffanke
Subject: Re: automate command after saving
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 20:03:23 +0100

Phillip Lord writes:

> You could do this using after-save-hook. So, something like
>
> (add-hook 'after-save-hook
>           'pandoc-hook)
>
> (defun pandoc-hook()
>   (compile "pandoc -t latex...."))

That sounds interesting, but is this a 'per buffer hook' or something?
Maybe I find out a possibility to automatically create the pathes too
and do a trigger-hook so I can switch it on or of on a specific buffer.
But this seems to be a good start.

Your bash script is also interesting, but as this is mosty required on
org-attachments, the path is not really human guessable, so its better
to have it out of emacs.

Thanks,
Martin