Re: 64 bit official Windows builds

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 64 bit official Windows builds
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 17:52:24 +0200

> From: Random832 <random832@fastmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 10:32:29 -0500
>
> Would it be viable to shift this step to an installer process,
> for cross-compiled builds? Maybe even in general, rather than
> just for Windows.

You mean, distribute temacs, and make it dump emacs at installation
time?  It could be done, I see no technical issues with that, although
I think it would be a very unusual thing to do.

I don't see the motivation, though, certainly not for Windows: the
existing build procedure works reliably on the target host, so making
changes to distributions for the benefit of cross-compilation makes
little sense to me.  But I have no experience in packaging.