RE: #org #annotate #lentic.el #annotate.el -- was Re: function to copy o

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: #org #annotate #lentic.el #annotate.el -- was Re: function to copy org buffer substring with link description only
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 17:39:38 -0800 (PST)

> A few days ago I was familiarizing myself with annotate.el which allows a
> file of annotations to be associated with a given file without that file
> being modified.

[OT] FWIW, you can also bookmark a file (including in multiple places),
and a bookmark can have an annotation.  That gives you any number of
annotations for a file, each addressed directly.

If you use Bookmark+ then a bookmark annotation is in Org mode by
default, and an annotation can itself be a pointer to a separate
Org file (as opposed to saving annotations along with the bookmarks
they annotate, in your bookmarks file).

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus