Re: aggressive-indent-mode freezes

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: aggressive-indent-mode freezes
Date: 10 Feb 2016 12:03:28 GMT

Alexis wrote:

> Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> writes:
>
>> Done, and the php file now is indented quickly. Therefore there
>> is something else that is causing the problem. Now, what is the
>> best way to find out without having to comment out each loaded
>> module and iteratively try?
>
> Well, if i were in this situation, i would bisect and re-bisect my
> config file to narrow things down to the section which seems to
> cause the problem. However, my config is indeed mostly done via a
> single file, and i don't make use of things like starter kits,
> Spacemacs, etc. If you do, i'm not sure what the best approach
> might be - perhaps someone else could make some suggestions .... ?

Emacs has a profiler:

(info "(elisp) Profiling")

You can use it to check in what function(s) Emacs spends the most time
while opening/editing the file in question. That usually points to a
package that is resource-intensive.

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)