Re: Making sure I'm not checking email (or doing other things) too often

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Making sure I'm not checking email (or doing other things) too often
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 02:29:17 +0100

> The problem: I hit U (mu4e-update-mail-and-index)
> way too often. I want Emacs to help me fight this
> unproductive habit.

The solution: every time you do it - I assume you hit
the final `u' with your right index finger - instantly
slap your right hand as hard as you can with your
left hand.

The only time you will not punish yourself this way is
when you peace and quiet and with no rush to it
beforehand thinks "yes, now is the time to check the
mail!" - and then you do it.

> Also, I'm a mathematician, and I want to have
> a general solution to the problem of launching
> certain commands too often.

It is more something an engineer would do so perhaps
you are that at heart.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573